We are looking for a self-motivated and versatile Dispensary Technician to join our friendly Community Pharmacy based in Werribee.
Ideally, we are seeking an experienced Dispensary Technician for this role, however skilful & knowledgeable Phy Assistants with back counter proficiencies may also be considered and full Disp Tech training provided, for long-term career commitments and opportunities.
You will need to be a flawless communicator, adapt well to your surroundings, and thrive on customer engagement and satisfaction. With your positive attitude and strong attention to detail, you will have the ability to multi-task in this busy role.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Dispensing medications as required and supporting the Pharmacists, ensuring all prescriptions are dispensed and checked as set out in the guidelines listed by the Pharmacy Board of Victoria
- Ordering of stock, including daily orders, monthly bulk, and direct supplier turnovers
- Checking and keeping NHS prescriptions up to date and ready for claim processing
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the dispensary and the medication shelves at all times
- Remain up to date with PBS legislative requirements impacting on the dispensary and the pharmacy as a whole
- Working as part of a dispensary team that promotes the best patient health outcomes including improved compliance and understanding of their medications and health conditions
- Providing a high level of customer service at all times.
- Maintain a high level of stock integrity and accuracy
To be successful in the role, you must possess:
- Dispensary Technician Qualification and experience, preferably in Retail Pharmacy
- Experience with Z Dispense system, Medico packs & Compounding (training provided for the right applicant)
- A strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills with a caring and attentive nature
- Excellent personal presentation and grooming
- A positive “can do” outlook on life and work
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Medication packing knowledge will be an advantage but not essential
If this sounds like the position for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.